Monday, May 16, 2011

Back to Blogspot

About six years ago, when I was still new to the internet world, I came across Blogspot, which offered “blogging.” I didn’t know what the term meant at that time. All I knew was that it felt good to see my own write- ups on the screen with designs on it. I remember how glad I was to finally write something that could be read by people other than my teachers and myself.

I kept on writing, primarily to express whatever I felt towards things and situations. There were also times when I used writing as a way for me to recreate events in my life by adding a little adventure to them or by twisting them in ways that would make them appear more interesting.

This is a picture of me taken during a trip to Bohol

I was in college then. Computer usage and access to the internet was free; however, when I graduated, I didn't have that much money to go to internet cafes, which was the only way for me to keep my cyberspace life alive. When I found a job, one that required my full attention in order for me to keep it (since I just got introduced to computers and my typing speed was about a word per minute,) my BlogSpot account sort of died. My writing, on the other hand, didn't, or at least not totally. I had Friendster then. But still my writings were reduced to short messages, comments and some bulletins that were only created to catch people’s attention, which I sometimes did when I didn't find anything better to do.

When I felt the urge to write seriously again, I created a new page: http://www.davythecontrary.bravejournal.com/. It’s still active. Although what I post mostly there are some random thoughts, and some Facebook statuses I’ve written which I wanted to save.

This blog site will not only be about my inner adventures but, mostly, outer ones which I share with friends. Lately, I realized how much I enjoy going to different places. It satisfies both my ridiculous sense of adventure and narcissism, since picture- taking is involved. And I love having my picture taken. Well, just to be fair I love taking pictures of other people too.

So here it is, my new page. Hopefully I’ll be able to keep this alive.



No comments:

Post a Comment