Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Trip to Negros Occidental Day 2


Richie, don’t jump! Don’t!


As soon as we’re done with breakfast, we went to the lagoon which is in front of the Negros Occidental Provincial Capitol building. It was my first time to see a body of water that large and that clean in a city. The ones I got used to seeing were relatively small and were mostly turned into extensions of the trash cans found near them.


This is the lagoon I am referring to. And behind the three eyesores, is the Negros Occidental Capitol.





The view wasn’t that nice without… ahem. Of course I had to have my picture taken. Smile Davey Smile. Perfect.







If you face the lagoon opposite the Capitol you’d see two golden sculptures on each side. On the right side is a man with an elephant (or a rhinoceros, help me recall.) On the left side is woman with the same kind of creature.





This is where we acted like seven- year olds. Good thing there were no other kids there. Yayyy!





Then we moved closer to the Capitol. And Richie, it’s too early for that. lol




Scroll down to the next picture please.





Welcome to Mambukal. I like how this picture of me was taken. Good thing my face isn't blurred here 'though I can hardly even tell if that thing with two feet is me or a bird or something.
 

 
We went to Mambukal Mountain Resort before noon. It was sizzling hot while on the road but the temperature changed when we got to this resort which has a brook surrounded by rocks and trees.




There weren’t any tables available for us anymore so we stayed and had our lunch on some of these rocks. I decided not to include photos of us eating. They’re scary.



Let me pause right here. I’ll post the continuation before this year ends, don’t worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment