Saturday, May 28, 2011

Trip to Negros Occidental Day 1


I’ve been to a couple of places already here in the Philippines, as a product of this goal: To know my own country first before others. This and the fact that I could not afford to go outside the country, yet. Well, you don't need to travel far just to experience being in beautiful places and discovering different cultures.

So let me start by sharing to you the beauty of the most recent place I and the Pronies visited: Negros Occidental.

The travel from Cebu City, Cebu to San Carlos City, Negros Occidental was about 4 hours long. We did it through land since it was a cheaper choice compared to taking a plane.

I and my fellow Pronies at a Port in San Carlos City
From San Carlos to Bacolod City was another long ride. It was about 3 hours. I must say it is of utmost importance that we make sure our IPods, phones, and other similar gadgets, are fully charged, and that we bring something to read or browse on, in case our companions prefer to sleep  instead of chat with us during the travel.

We finally reached Bacolod City, took lunch and was supposed to visit our friend, Mary Jane's house. I said "was supposed to" because we didn't reach our destination at all, except Mary Jane. Aileen, Richard, May, and I got stuck, by choice, at the roadside where the van we rode on was parked. And the narcissistic nature of the Pronies began.

May and Aileen Posing as they were to ransack this store.
I still don't know what these three are trying to do.

Oh look at May and that pose. That's me at her back. Acting silly.

The Four Blind Mice: (Left to Right) Richard, May, Aileen, and Mary Jane

This is what I can say the hightlight of our first day in Negros Occidental.
Get ready for Day 2!



5 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm from Negros myself. :) I studied in Bacolod. I recommend you try Calea Cakes or go to The Ruins resto. :)

    I'm not sure if you remembered me but I'm from yesterday's blog camp. I added you in my blogroll and feed. hope you don't mind. :)

    hmmm. unfortunately your comment section is not allowing me to post my URL so I'm using my old google account.^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive never been to negros occ, suya ko ani da. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine, thanks for dropping by. I just started taking blogging seriously, so it still overwhelms me to read comments from fellow bloggers. I may also need to make changes on my settings for URLS to be posted.

    The Ruins was actually the main reason why I went to Bacolod. You'll see some of the craziness we did there as soon as I'm with the 2nd Part. We were't able to visit Calea Cakes though' well, maybe next time. :)

    Liezyl, it's a very nice province. Loved it. Too bad I wasn't able to stay there long enough to visit all the breath- taking places there. I tell you, there were many. Thanks for taking time to read and comment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. with all the girls that you travel with, i'm sure you'll remain inspired forever. thanks for the comments

    unreliably yours,
    bal

    ReplyDelete
  5. bal, uhm... i don't like girls. hahaha anyway no prob. i meant what i said on you blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete